Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Turkeys and Arts 'n Crafts


Last Sunday I was getting a cup of coffee in the morning and looked out the window to see two wild turkeys casually walking through our back yard.
Now.... this won't be quite as surprising in our new home, since we have woods all around us and we're a bit more remote. But in this home we're in the city limits, in a residential neighborhood, with traffic, kids, dogs, etc.

I guess this is all part of 'Up North' living!
We still have snow on the ground, but in patches and piles. We are on the verge of doing a yard cleanup of the house we're renting.... I bought a rake Monday, was ready to go at it Tuesday until I woke to an inch or more of snow, and then..... I hurt my back. It was nasty- I could barely move, had major pain, and was at a complete loss as to what I had done.
This morning, I went to see Dustine Murphy, my chiropractor (and coincidentally, my daughter Rachel's friend since high school- small world!!). The reason for my back snafu?- arts 'n crafts. Yep, you got it. Arts 'n crafts.
It seems that spending several hours sitting in a chair, hunched over cutting and pasting, while designing and adding to the creative world, can totally lay you out. Who knew? Forget the dangers of skiing down a hill, or lifting weights, or gardening. Arts 'n crafts can be a silent killer...... :) Hmmmm.... I see the title for a talk show news segment....

1 comment:

  1. Tell me that the culprit Arts and Crafts weren't those in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete