Saturday, June 20, 2009

FINALLY... House Photos!

Finally, finally, finally! I know it's been over a month- my apologies. Unpacking (for the 3rd time in a year), organizing, and having family visit just left me tuckered out. AND getting the paraphernalia found to get the photos from the camera to the computer... whew! Here you go...

Front of the home

View from the driveway

Side view of house

View from front deck

View from side deck

Living room

Living room from stairway

Dining area

Kitchen

Kitchen... and yes! Wallpaper!

View towards living room

My office area

Upstairs hallway

Our bedroom

Dan made our headboard- solid cherry

Second bedroom

Third bedroom/storage

Dan's office/space/"man-cave"

It's a walk out basement area

View of lower deck/bath

Total of 3.5 baths-good for company!

Love the fireplace!

We spend most of our time in the family room

View of second deck where we feed the wildlife and watch them

Looking back through the home- great open floor plan


We're surrounded by trees and really enjoy the quiet. Lots of wildlife here... squirrels, chipmunks, raccoons, porcupine, wild turkey, hawk, and deer have all come to visit our daily scattering of wild feed off the side of the house. About 1/2 mile away is the Shanty Creek lodge with ski slopes and an 18 hole golf course designed by Arnold Palmer (too bad I don't ski or golf!)

It's mid-June up here, and the iris and phlox are still in bloom. It's been a cool spring, and we're wa-a-ay behind the cycle of things further south.

Let me know how you're doing... would love to hear from everyone! :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow Sondra! What a beautiful place! I am so happy for you. That second bedroom - looks very cozy - just right for visiting - hahahaha!! Where are you located again? I am getting ready to go and visit my new "friend" (ahem) in Marinette Wisconsin, north of Green Bay on Lake Michigan. I am looking forward to the beauty of summer up north, even though I really love it here in Florida.

    Please stay in touch. I have been very busy with traveling and with company. My uncle is here visiting now, and when he leaves my grandson is coming for a week. When he leaves I am going to Wisconsin for about three weeks.

    Jyl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-We can't wait to visit!
    Jane & Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flipping through pics and not seeing all the animal heads till we finally got to the man cave, we were getting nervous that they didn't make the trip up north...should have known better. Looks like a beauitful spot to call home. Sue & Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG.....Sondra, you and Dan found the home that Bob and I have always wanted. I am sooooo happy for you. It is beautiful. Good things come to those who wait. The wait for you and Dan was totally worth it. WOW! All God's Blessings for happiness, love and peace in your new home. God has sure given you the surroundings.
    love ya, Edie

    ReplyDelete