Monday, March 9, 2009

A-h-h-h Cruel Winter.....


We had a warm-up over the weekend, and for the first time since I got here in January, I was able to see dirt and patches of brown grass among the snow. The promise of Spring was dancing among the breeze. The evening news talked about how the snowmobile riders had retreated south, and the ski slopes held vigil with icy crusts and a few lonely skiers.

Then, last night around 5:30 PM, solitary flakes of snow started to fall. Within the hour the snow increased quickly. These were the teeny, tiny flakes that accumulate illogically before one's eyes. Dan and I watched, cozy in our home while dusk fell.

This morning I peeked out the front door while Dan got ready for work- yep, there was snow out there, but it didn't look too bad....

Until Dan went outside, and faced about a foot of snow. Then got the car stuck at the end of the driveway. Then had to shovel around the car, trying to get it loose. And then, after I bundled up to come out and help push the car, finally got free before I got to him....

Never say Nature doesn't have a sense of (sick) humor.....

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving the blog updates! I am looking forward to visiting you guys, albeit 8 months away!
    -Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. A whole foot of snow? Wow! That's a lot! We need to find you two some snowshoes to own instead of having you borrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sending out a plea for monies to purchase a much needed snow removal machine. Mine is just too small. Yes, I now have snow machine envy. The neighbor's is attached to a lawn tractor. I'm thinking of a Ford light-duty farm tractor with an attachment snow blower. Something in the 120 horse-power range. Donations will be accepted immediately!!LOL
    Dan

    ReplyDelete