Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"I Used To Have A Handle on Life, but it Broke"


There's an insurance office in Traverse City that has a sign where they post cute quips and sayings for passers-by. I laughed when I drove past the above statement a week ago, and could definitely relate.

The last couple years were a roller-coaster of ups and downs. It was a time of discovering what was believed to be rock solid was often sitting on a shaky base. Making it through those earthquake-laden times and the aftershocks were interesting, to say the least. Learning to do it with a sense of humor was invaluable.

Most people don't like change. It's unsettling, nerve wracking, and the fear of the unknown is stressful. Personally, I don't mind change as long as I have a stable home-base.

However... moving that home-base three times in one year and moving to an entirely new area of the world has (to be honest) tipped the stress-o-meter scale several times.

My saving grace has been to search for the humor surrounding the setbacks and obstacles. A little laughter goes a long way.....

1 comment:

  1. Hoooray for your new home. I'm sure you'll be happy once you're all moved-in. Then you can relax finally!

    ReplyDelete