Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cracker Barrel AND Culture- Whoo Hoo!


Many people that know me well know I love Cracker Barrel restaurants. The last many years while living in Columbus, I wasn't near a Cracker Barrel, and would often plan trips to their vicinity with a stop to eat and enjoy their good food and atmosphere. My husband kiddingly called this my 'Cracker Barrel fix.'

Well, I was elated to find out that there is a Cracker Barrel in Traverse City. Yahoo! Last week, I visited the local eatery and enjoyed my new breakfast favorite- the Eggs in the Basket, eggs cooked on the griddle in the center of sourdough bread, and their yummy hash brown casserole.

I then went to visit the Dennos Museum center- yep, an art museum in Traverse City. They have a permanent exhibit of Inuit Indian art (over a 1000 pieces total in their collection, which they rotate), and several other exhibits, including ancient bronze art from the Mongolian and Asian grasslands (many created around 3000-5000 B.C.).

It was a very good day...... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment