Wednesday, February 18, 2009

SnowWalker




When it comes to snow sports, I'm a virgin. I've never been on a snowmobile, I've tried skiing and cross country skiing once in my life (when I was a teenager), and I've never used snow shoes. Heck, it's been 15-20 years since I even went sledding!


So... I heard through the grapevine that my brother was howling with laughter when he heard we were going to try snowshoeing. Besides the fact I'm more than a bit klutzy, he knew my experience with the winter sports.


Imagine my surprise to find out I liked it! It was actually a lot of fun. The new snowshoes are lightweight and easy to use. It's good exercise, and relaxing (as long as you're not climbing up and down mountains....).


Dan took the mountain climbing option seriously a few days later- using the old-fashioned variety of snowshoes. These were built by my father many years ago. They are a little trickier- Dan only fell twice!

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you, sister! Honouring your Swedish origins!!

    And the cool part with this kind of snow activities is that if (notice I wrote "if"!), if you fall, it is soft :)

    Go girl, we are cheering on this side of the Atlantic.
    love, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena- wonderful to hear from you! I think of you often and hope you are doing well. Tell your kids I said Hi... and take care.

    ReplyDelete